Friday 7 October 2011

Halloween

It is October, the month of Hallowe'en!

HURRAH!

To celebrate this most wondrous of pagan holidays I have converted my blog to a Hallowe'en them and also  themed my entire Etsy store including all the listings.

To do this I spent the entire morning converting the living room into a themed photo studio and then set about taking photos of all of my creepy, spooky and downright unnerving paintings to list on Etsy. This was a bit of a fraught process as in the long months of inactivity my phone has developed an annoying quirk of not turning on properly. (I now have to take the battery and SD card out and blow on them and the contacts inside before it will work. Very reminiscent of a SNES but also pretty damned annoying, so just like a SNES cartridge then.)

The photo shoot ended before I had snapped all the pics due to moisture condensing on the inside of the lens, very annoying. But I did have lots of fun playing with candles in bottles, sweets, plastic bugs, pumpkin candles, a cardboard candelabra and even my old companion Bob the skull. The resulting photos do look awesome if I say so myself and after having listed half of the paintings on Etsy I have already had about a dozen views across the range (it has only been about 2 hours since I listed them), so it must be doing some good.

Here are a few examples of the pics I took and don't forget to check them all out at my Etsy store. (Not all listings are uploaded yet but they will be by theend of this weekend.)



I know right pretty awesome right??

Well stiffs and ghouls you ain't seen nothing yet.

Here's a hint, LEGO, storage, pumpkin....

Soon my little creatures... Soon

MWHAHAHAHA *cough* HAHAHA *splutter splutter* HAHAHA! (I should smoke less....)


P.s. The spider-webs are felt coasters, sold in ASDA well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment