Tuesday 21 September 2010

Exhibition is on. Peanut butter on toast.

So yes, the exhibition is on. Three of the six paintings I submitted to the Wirral Society of Arts 5th National Open Exhibition have been accepted. The three works that are to be displayed are;


We're gonna need more bullets by =Sofa-pirate on deviantART


They all float down here by =Sofa-pirate on deviantART


Plate 98 by =Sofa-pirate on deviantART

This will be my first exhibition. But more importantly it will be my first opening/preview night that I have attended. And I find myself wondering, "What the hell do I wear?". There are just too many options, I am something of a hoarder when it comes to clothes :S

On a cheerful note, this week just passed has been national cupcake week. Closely following on from a birthday involving several books about making cakes, I think you can work out most of what I've been up to this week. Yep that's right, eating lots of fresh handmade cake :) These will all be uploaded soon in a brand new baking blog, run by a wonderful baker acquaintance of mine. Including chocolates.

I've also been working on several packs of stickers and a very funky stencil of a building. Lots of pics to follow, now that I am home and not house sitting blogs will be a bit more regular. Two of my highlights from last week would have to be being told by a shop worker that I could have a huge canvas for free. The shop was having a relocation sale, the canvas needed a corner re-affixing, so I got a freebie ;)

ARRGH me hearties! It havin been toirk like a Pirate day just 2 turns o' the sun ago. I had a merry filled day with much skullduggery and swiggins o' the rum. I hopes ye all got up to no good and treated yon wenches like the scurvy dogs ye be.

Plenty more to follow this week, ya scurvy sons o' bilge rats!

Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment