Wednesday 14 December 2011

Shelter Christmas items up for sale.

So it's been a few days since I last blogged, I blame my work schedule for this.
But for this blog I have several treats for people.
Last year I did a charity Doctor Who auction of paintings to raise money for Shelter. This year I am selling more paintings to help raise money for Shelter. Here they are;
For sale here http://etsy.me/tnlhvL
For sale here http://etsy.me/sRqxt2
For sale here http://etsy.me/rOgrBc
All three of these paintings are on 25cm x 30cm canvases and show the same image painted in different colour schemes. The baubles are painted using acrylic paint using handcut stencils from card and the sponge stencil technique. They are all posted on Etsy for £30 or under with 50% of the proceeds going to Shelter.

I have picked Shelter as the charity to donate to because they do a lot of important work in helping people get off the streets. As well as making sure that people don't end up on the streets or in sub standard housing. Which at this time of year is a very important goal to aim for. Christmas is a time of joy, giving and family; What can be more important than making sure that your fellow man has a roof over their head and that they are safe and warm during these cold months. So if you want some pretty Christmas themed art and to help someone out then please take a look, maybe even purchase, one of my paintings. If you are interested in the work Shelter do or wish to make a direct donation then please go here.

The final painting I have done and will do for this year now (have to concentrate on work and family now) is this one;
For sale here http://etsy.me/srE8Dz

I had great fun painting this one. Like most of my paintings this was done in spraypaint, MTN94, monster colours and Montana Gold brands, with hand cut card stencils. This one is also up for sale at Etsy and whilst a bit pricier than the top three is, in my opinion, well worth the price. I have listed it as a Christmas time present but frankly it would be a great gift to anyonoe who is a fan of winter/snow scenes all year round.

That is all for art for the meantime. I would like to finish this blog wishing you all a 'Merry Christmas' and to remind you, without preaching I hope, to think for a few moments on those who are less fortunate than yourself and maybe do something to help out.

See you all very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment